Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Clinical One has Begun

After a year of class I'm finally free, well at least I'm working for free.  I started my first clinical rotation in an outpatient orthopedic clinic this past Monday.  What's interesting about this site for me is I already work there as an outreach athletic trainer.  ATC's don't interact much with the PT side of things, so I'm excited I get to "put on the other shoe" and see the PT side of things.  I'll admit, it is a little hard to tone down the rehab difficulty for the older patients and get out of the "return to sport" mentality.  My CI is great and very willing to teach, although sometimes I wonder if he is a little obsessed with McKenzie.  I guess everyone has to have a guru to follow. (More on this later in the week.)  I'll try to post something interesting about clinic every week, or at least an article I found helpful for me in deciding on how to treat a patient.

blog comments powered by Disqus